This spring, join people around the world for the online course - "Beyond Silicon Valley: Entrepreneurship in Transitioning Economies."
For the first time, a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on the Coursera platform will be enhanced with content designed for a Greek audience. The course is free of charge and open to everyone, and will include a series of interesting interviews and discussions with entrepreneurs from different parts of the world, funders, and business experts. From April 28 through June 9, participants will get simple, practical advice and information on how to start a business and identify funding sources in a tough economic environment.
The course developer is Prof. Michael Goldberg of Case Western Reserve University. Prof. Goldberg will deliver the final lecture in the course from Athens on June 11. Greek participants will be invited to join the lecture, which will be live-streamed on Coursera.
Mark your calendars for our live Meet Ups throughout Greece, an opportunity to discuss the topics of the course, ask questions about material you don't understand, share ideas and find out how to make your business (or business plan!) stronger:
• Athens, April 30, 18:00 at ALBA Graduate Business School (Xenias 6-8, Athens)
• Thessaloniki, May 13, 18:00 at Vintage Bar (Ermou 24)
• Iraklio, May 21, 18:00 at FORTH (STEP-C, Building A)
• Ioannina, May 29, 15:00 at Hotel Du Lac
Join this course to:
• Follow your entrepreneurial dream
• Identify and pursue opportunities
• Identify funding sources and partnerships
• Understand the mechanics of entrepreneurship in the new startup era
• Learn about different aspects of entrepreneurial activity: technology, agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, social entrepreneurship
Highlights of the course:
• An international approach with a strong Greek representation
• A comprehensive discussion on entrepreneurship and its future in Greece
• Online discussion with Prof. Goldberg
• Final course lecture by Prof. Goldberg on June 11, 2014 to be delivered from Athens
The course will start on April 28, 2014!